Friday, September 14, 2012

Chocolate Zucchini Cookies


We have been eating something with zucchini in it practically every day. You can only do the same thing so many times so I've taken to Googling zucchini recipes. I came across these Chocolate Zucchini Cookies from one of my favorite food blogs Two Peas and Their Pod. They are so moist, chocolatey and tasty. You can see the zucchini but can't taste it at all. It's more to keep the cookies moist than add flavor.


I tend to not like to put dry and wet ingredients in seperate bowls...to many dishes. So I cheated a bit! Start off by melting butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.

 
Stir in the cocoa powder and sugars. The mixture will be sandy (almost like crushed Oreos).
 

Mix in the yogurt and vanilla extract. Doesn't that look yummy? I admit I stuck a finger in the mix to taste it.

On top of the chocolate mixture sift the flour, baking soda and salt into the pot.


Mix well.

Add in the zucchini and chocolate chips.


Mix well again. At this point it didn't look too appetizing too me. It sort of looks like horse manure. Never fear it turns out great!


Scoop the mixture in tablespoons onto a prepared baking sheet. I used a handy dandy tablespoon scoop that worked out perfectly. Bake @ 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

 
Beautiful! Since there is zucchini in them, they are healthy too! Right?
 
Verdict from Great Grandma: Tasty! Yum yum!
 
Verdict from my non-veggie eating neigbors: Not bad for having green stuff in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment