Monday, July 16, 2012

Judgement


I haven't made many posts lately. Mostly because I got a jury summons in the mail. We've all gotten them, right? What I failed to note was the little note at the top "If selected, Grand Jury term is for one month."

Out of the 157 people that showed up I was the 3rd number randomly selected for Grand Jury. I gave my reasons for not being able to fulfill the entire month but was told by the judge it wasn't an "undue hardship." So, I had no choice but to enlist the help of my in-laws and a number of other family members to cover babysitting for an entire month. It was a struggle and on a few days the kiddos had up to 4 separate babysitters but we made it work!

Grand jury was a trying experience (no pun intended). I learned way more about the depravity of my fellow man than I cared to. At the same time it was one of the most rewarding and educational experiences of my life.

I would have rather served my jury term when the weather wasn't so beautiful and mocking me that I had to be in a windowless room all-day. In the end, however, I'm glad for the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment