Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tuesday Tips - Baking Soda

 
Do you ever get a nasty brown ring around the drain of your sink? I scrub our sinks regularly but still get a tiny brown ring. I've tried Comet, Barkeepers Friend, Bleach,etc. Nothing got rid of the pesky ring. My mother-in-law recently read that Baking Soda would do the trick. I thought Baking Soda was just for baking, but there is a large list of cure-alls that this product can do!
 
For the sink or any similar stain, all you do is make a paste with water and cover the area for 30 minutes or so and wipe clean. Sounds too easy, right? Well, here is a nasty sink that hasn't been cleaned in who knows how long at the nursery.
 

 
Here is a picture of the drain up close. Pretty nasty, right?
 
 
After making the paste, letting it sit for 30 minutes, and wiping clean...no ring! There is a smudge on the plug still but I think that will take some serious elbow grease to remove. Baking Soda is my new go to for removing stains. The best part is that there are no harsh chemicals so it is safe around kids/pets. Awesome stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment