Sunday, November 24, 2013

Chalkboard Labels


In my forever effort to try to organize I made chalkboard labels for canisters in our pantry this week. They were so simple and fun I am trying to come up with of other things I can label!


First I found some sample labels online in a shape I liked and printed them out. This was the trickiest part of the whole process. There are so many samples in so many shapes it was hard to choose!

 
I cut one label out, covered the back with painters tape to stiffen it to use as a stencil then cut out the label.
 

Next I took a piece of contact paper and...

 
sprayed it with black chalkboard paint.
 

Once it was dry I took my stencil and traced the shape on the back of the contact paper.


I cut the label out, peeled the backing off and stuck it on the canisters.


Instead of chalk I used chalk markers. The look is clean and everything is clearly labeled. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment