Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tuesday Tips

 
I've learned so much since becoming a stay-at-home mom. Not just about kids but about household matters too. Other moms, my mother-in-law, neighbors and friends have all helped me be a bit less clueless. I've decided that I really shouldn't keep this inforamtion to myself so will start sharing some tips I've learned every Tuesday.

 
Perhaps one of the biggest "I can't believe I hadn't thought of that before" moments was when I learned how to properly clean a rubber spatula. It doesn't seem that it should be too hard, right? Did you know you are supposed to take the rubber spatula head off of the wooden handle when you wash them? You did? Well, you are one step ahead of me.
 

See the grey tinge to the wood? When I first pulled off the rubber spatula off the handle was covered in mold. Ick. And double ick. That is why you need to take the head off when cleaning them. The easiest thing to do is throw the rubber head into the dishwasher and wash the wooden handle by hand. Be sure to wait until the slot of the rubber head is completely dry before reassembling; otherwise you will end up with mold...not something you want to add to the brownies you are making. (just gave myself the shivers. Eww!)

No comments:

Post a Comment