Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Tuesday Tips - Buttermilk

Raspberry-Topped Lemon Muffins photo

I don't know anyone that regularly keeps buttermilk in their fridge. I often will decide to bake and realize that buttermilk is the one ingredient I am missing....frustrating. There is a quick cheater method to making buttermilk that will get you by:

1 Tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice + 1 cup of milk

Let the milk curdle for about 10 minutes and use as your recipe specifies.

I still do buy buttermilk if I know in advance what I am going to be making. It may all be in my imagination but I feel like the recipe turns out better with actual buttermilk.

I made the above muffins for Gabby's 2nd birthday. I remembered the buttermilk. I'll post this recipe and details of the party later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment