Sunday, December 8, 2013

Last Week


We were in California last week and had a wonderful time visiting my family. I already miss my family. I miss the yummy food. I really miss the weather. It was in the 60s and 70s and right now that sounds heavenly. When we woke this morning it was freezing cold! Actually, it's below freezing! Our weather gauge read 8 degrees...single digit cold! Yikes!

 
One of the major highlights of the trip was a family excursion to Disneyland. Happily my cousins Natalie and Nick were able to join us. They were so much fun and really made the day about the little kids; sitting with them on rides, feeding Gabs frozen lemonade, holding their hands. They were amazing!
 

Surprisingly, the longest line of the day was our first ride, Peter Pan (Jim's sentimental favorite ride). A whopping 15 minutes!

 
Nate's favorite ride is Splash Mountain. Maybe Californian-ers thought it was too cold to get all wet, but Splash Mountain had one of the shortest lines of the day. The line wait time was mostly walking through to the start. Even though you can't see us, Natalie, Nate and I were in the back of the boat. We wanted all of the guys to block us from getting too wet...it worked. Nick and Jim were soaked. We just got a couple of splatters.
 
 
Of course, no visit to Disneyland would be complete with a big hug and photo op with the big cheese himself, M-I-C-K-E-Y  M-O-U-S-E!

No comments:

Post a Comment