Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Tuesday Tips - Cooking Ground Meat


When cooking ground meat the directions often tell you to break up the large chunks with your spoon so that the pieces are small and even. This never works for me! I try to cut a large piece in two and in shoots out of the pot and onto the floor. It makes me so frustrated (though our dog Lucca loves it!). One of Jim's cousin's wives told me that she always uses a potato masher to break up the pieces. I thought it might make a mess of the meat but it worked wonderfully!

I would recommend using the handy dandy spoon to cook the meat and once cooked break up any large chunks with the potato masher.

Note, the above ground sausage was for the "World's Best Lasagna". The recipe and my thoughts will follow later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment