Sunday, January 12, 2014

Tattoo


On January 2nd I got my first tattoo. Two actually. For years I've drawn on my eyebrows since I lost them sometime after college to Alopecia Areata. I finally got tired of them wiping off, sweating them off while working out or Gabby wiping off sections for kicks. I was nervous about the permanency of tattooing but am now thrilled. It's great to be able to get up and go and not have to try to draw on eyebrows.

I learned many things while getting the tattoos. My face is very asymmetrical. My left eye is smaller than my right and I lift my left eyebrow up to compensate. I have more of a brow line on my left side than my right. I could go on... It's amazing all of the factors that you have to take into account with tattooing. It's not just drawing on some lines. Which is what I did for years...looking back at pictures I sure had some scary looking eyebrows...the skinny lines, evil eyebrows, slugs. I shudder at some of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment