Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tuesday Tips - Cleaning Microwaves


Have you ever put something in the microwave to reheat and then had it explode? Not just a splatter but explode everywhere like something out of a movie crime scene? The hubby microwaved a tomato-based bowl of food earlier in the week that completely splattered everywhere. I discovered it two days later after it had cemented onto the walls of the microwave.


I could use a multi-purpose cleaning spray as I have in the past though that has always bothered me. I feel like the smell of the chemicals linger and then they will somehow get in any food I reheat after the cleaning. I remembered reading in the past that a quick fix is to microwave a bowl of water to steam everything off of the walls.


I decided to give it a shot. 2 minutes on the clock. Afterwards I got one nice steamy microwave.


Voila! A clean microwave. The steam did the trick and I easily wiped clean the splatters with a paper towel. The best part is that this cleaning solution is chemical free!

No comments:

Post a Comment