Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tuesday Tips - Pan Storage


We made a life changing organizational move that I had to share. Our house is older so doesn't have much storage space. One of my biggest pet peeves was the way we stored our pans: piled on top of each other. It worked out alright if you wanted the smallest one on the top but if you needed the largest on the bottom you had to haul the huge pile to reach it. It was frustrating and heavy.


While at the Container Store (aka organizational heaven) I came across a cooking lid organizer. I was thinking of purchasing it for that purpose when I read the box and it showed an alternate use as a pan organizer. Our cupboards are abnormally narrow and short so we simply screwed the metal base to the wall of the cupboard. This is one of the most simple changes but has been seriously life changing. No more grunting and groaning or dropping heavy pans on my feet. I love it!

PS I've been cooking up a storm. Recipes I hope to get up later this week include: homemade Snickers bars, Blueberry Lemon Jam, and Zinfandel-braised short ribs.

No comments:

Post a Comment