Thursday, January 31, 2013

Octovinaigrette


My Aunt Mary bought us the Momofuku cookbook a couple of yours ago. This recipe for their Octovinaigrette is AMAZING! I've had similar sauces, but this one gets the proportions perfect. It is seriously yummy. We had it on the wings, dipped Dungeness crab in it and on roasted pork. Each and every one was AWESOME! Seriously, this is my new favorite sauce.

Per the cookbook it is great on seaweed, fried chicken and grilled octopus too.

Caveat...I add chopped cilantro so I guess it really is a nine-O vinaigrette!

Octovinaigrette

Ingredients:

2 T. finely chopped garlic
2 T. chopped peeled fresh ginger
1/4 t. chopped bird's eye-chili or other hot chili (I've substituted 1 t. chili-garlic sauce when fresh chilies weren't on hand)
1/4 c. rice wine vinegar
1/4 c. soy sauce
2 T. grapeseed or other neutral oil
1/4 t. sesame oil
1 1/2 T. sugar
freshly ground black pepper

Directions:

Combine the garlic, ginger, chili, vinegar, soy, oil, sesame oil, sugar, and a few turns of black pepper in a lidded container and shake well to mix. This will keep in the fridge for 4 to 5 days, and is good on everything except ostrich eggs, which is really more the ostrich's fault than the vinaigrette's (per the cookbook, not me).

No comments:

Post a Comment