Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tuesday Tips - Rising Dough


My sister-in-law Roberta is one of those people that knows everything. I don't mean that sarcastically but truthfully. You ask her a questions and she will undoubtedly have the answer. It's frustrating at times because it makes me feel not very swift.

I casually mentioned to Roberta how dough never rises properly in my house probably because we keep the thermostat low. I've tried heating an oven, turning it off and leaving the door open as many recipes advise you to do but it never works. She also keeps the thermostat low in her house and suggested using a heating pad. Turn the pad onto low and plop your bowl of dough on top. I tried this on Friday with pizza dough and it rose just like it is supposed to! Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment