Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tuesday Tips - Peeling Hard Boiled Eggs


Let me first say, I really don't like hard boiled eggs. There. It's out. Scrambled eggs I enjoy. I can even eat poached eggs or fried eggs if I have to. But boiled eggs? Ick.

Jim on the other hand, loves them. When we saw the video above we knew we would have to give it a try!

Start by putting the eggs in a pot. Cover with water. The water line should be two inches above the eggs. Add in 1 teaspoon of baking soda. Bring the water to a boil for 10 minutes. Remove the eggs and place in cool water.


Once cooled, take the egg and gently tap one end. Remove a bit of the shell.


Repeat with the other end.

 
Bring the egg up to your mouth. Cup your hand around the egg and get your other hand ready to catch.
 

Blow hard and the egg will pop out with no shell!


A perfectly peeled egg!


Check out the shell!

No comments:

Post a Comment