Monday, March 19, 2012

St Patty's Failure


It is a truth universally acknowledged that I cannot make Jell-O or snickerdoodle cookies. I have tried and tried but they always turn out, well, wrong. Crunchy Jell-O. Yes, crunchy. I'm not sure how Jell-O can be crunchy but somehow I've achieved it! And crispy snickerdoodles.

I've had a good streak of cooking and baking lately that I decided to try out snickerdoodles again. I tried yet another new recipe but decided to add a few drops of green food coloring to make the cookies festive for St. Patrick's Day. I was so optimistic! The cookies came out of the oven soft and chewy. Delicious! Once they cooled however they turned crisp and hard. They looked beautiful and tasted good, but the texture was so wrong. I think I'm about to give up on this cookie once and for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment